This week we decided to do some baking to cheer us up with all the wet weather we’ve been having!
With payday a day away, hardly any butter or milk in the fridge and absolutely no flour in the pantry (because Haalia demanded we have choc buttons pancakes for brekkie) we decided to make scones with our scone mix (THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!) And to make our day even prettier we decided to do ‘Fairy Scones‘ 😋. (Our own little creation)
Great thing about this mix is you only need to add liquid and knead.
FAIRY SCONE RECIPE:
2C scone mix
Butter to spread
100s and 1000s or any sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 160°C and grease or line oven trays.
- Add scone mix to bowl. Mixing yoghurt in. We used Raglan Natural Greek Coconut Yoghurt 😍😍 THE BEST I TELL YOU!
- Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and knead into dough.
- Form dough into an oval shape and roll out.
- Spread your soft butter on top of the dough making sure you get all edges.
- Add your seletion of sprinkles evenly.
- Roll it in so it looks like a sushi roll.
- Cut like your cutting sushi and place on oven tray spiral facing up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or till firm and brown.
- Leave to cool for 10mins.
*** the Raglan coconut yoghurt made the scones extra yummy! Considering buying all the time 😍 new fav!
These cute little treats were a hit with Haalia! She even used her little tea party set plates to dish them out and have with a cup of Milo🍵.
A batch of Fairy Scones are now part of our baking tin essentials 😊 they also make a cute party dish 😉