Still cant believe shes three already! Now that her birthday week is over, and i have finally recovered, i can share my hacks to a busy birthday week.
Here’s one of three cakes Miss H had. This one was for her Daycare, sharing her birthday celebrations with her class mates.
She chose her own cake, and of course it had to be a rainbow cake 😣. Not much of a baker or cake decorator, but I’ll give it a go.
This cake is perfect to make with your little one. Haalia loved mixing all the different colours.
This is another one of my Betty crocker cake box moments, and i found the recipe on pinterest.
What you need:
- boxes Betty Crocker gluten free vanilla cake mix
- cups water
- cup vegetable oil
- Food colouring (pref. Rainbow colours or just red, blue and yellow.)
- Heat oven to 180°C. Spray (8-inch) round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among 6 small bowls, about 1 1/3 cups each.
- Using food colors, tint batter in 1 bowl blue, 1 bowl red, 1 bowl green, 1 bowl yellow, 1 bowl orange (using red/yellow) and 1 bowl purple (using blue/red).
- Refrigerate 4 colors of batter until ready to bake. Pour remaining 2 colors of batter into cake pan. (You can do layer by layer, but im impatient so i decided to bake two colours at a time.)
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center and begins to pull away from side of pan. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling racks; cool completely.
- Wash cake pan. Bake and cool remaining 4 cake layers as directed.
- In large bowl, beat vanilla buttercream frosting following recipe on betty crocker box. Beating until frosting is smooth. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Trim rounded tops off cakes to level, if needed. On serving plate, place first cake. Spread with frosting to within 1/4 inch of edge. Repeat with other cake layers.
- Cake decorations
- I whipped up chocolate buttercream frosting using the yvettes chealsea recipe.
- Spreading around the sides and on the top evening cake out. Using chocolate wafer sticks i placed them all around the sides. Decorating the top i used mini colourful baking marshmellows around the edges going in, then used M&Ms. In the middle I stuck two chocolate hearts, bits of the wafer sticks, broken up chocolate fingers and some Cadbury Flake. Making it look as colourful as I could and trying not to over do it with the sweets.
- And here is my rainbow cake 😊 Miss H enjoyed her day sharing the cake she wanted with her class mates 😊
- Although it didnt turn out like i wanted it to, my baby was happy i can now say im….
- WINNING 🤗🤗