Tomorrow is miss H’s last day of daycare for 2016.
To thank all her teachers for their amazing work and efforts this year we decided to bake them somethings special!
Because pinterest is LIFE at the moment i came across this cute idea…
Aren’t they just the cutest Christmas treats?
As soon as i saw this pin i knew i had save and make! I admit, i did not open the pin but kept the image and made my own version with my very own brownie and frosting recipe 😋
Here’s my version:
- My yummy Brownies
1/2 C cocoa
1tsp Baking powder
1tsp Vanilla essence
2C Icing sugar
3 Tbs hot water
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 Tbs Green food colouring
Christmas coloured sprinkles
- My Brownie Recipe
- Melt butter in saucepan. Once melted stir in cocoa.
- Take off the heat and add sugar then mix.
- Add eggs and whisk till they’re all mixed in.
- Add dry ingredients and vanilla essence then mix well.
- Line brownie dish with baking paper.
- Pour into brownie dish and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 25mins
- Once cooked, leave to cool.
- Frosting and sprinkles
- Mix butter till light and fluffy.
- Mix in icing sugar 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Add in hot water and mix.
- Mix in vanilla essence and food colouring till frosting is completely green. (Because i had no green food colouring i had to mix 1 tsp of blue and 1 tsp of yellow colouring to make green)
- Spoon frosting into icing pipe bag
- Once brownie has cooled right down cut it into triangles
- Test out frosting in pipe bag before going ahead and decorating triangles.
- Frost all the triangles starting from the top pointy bit to the bottom.
- Sprinkle or place sprinkles on top. Decorative them however you want.
- Chop up the candy canes and stick them at the bottom to make the trunk of the christmas tree.
If you’re like me, not so creative when it comes to baking… Stand back and admire you masterpieces 😊
Haalia’s teachers deserve these little christmas tree brownies! Such a lovely team of teachers that she adores. Its not easy being early childhood teachers! And the early stages for our children are the most important so we need to appreciate our teachers more 😊