So as you know i made this for Steven’s birthday – what i didn’t tell you was i cheated. Oops 😕 – only because my time management SUCKS and i really wanted to have dinner ready before he got home.
The big secret: I used Better Crocker’s Devils Food Cake mix -aaahhh i feel better now 😊
Family loved it though and it was a hut with the birthday boy who is hard to please with his high needs hehe
So here it is – in 8 easy steps
What you need:
- 1x Betty Crockers Devils Food Chocolate cake mix
- 3x Large Eggs
- 125g Butter
- 3/4 Cups of Milk
- 1x 350g bag of Maltesers
- 2x Strawberry punnets
- 2x Timtam Packets
And a pretty ribbon to go around the cake 🎀
- Mix cake to box instructions.
- Bake cake to box instructions.
- Once baked, cool for about an hour
- Use the frosting from the Betty Crocker mix to frost the side of the cake right around. Use remaining for the top of the cake.
- Place timtams around the cake, frosting will help them stay in place.
- Cut strawberrues in half and place on the top edge going around the cake. Use remaining strawberries with your own unique style for centre.
- Then place maltesers inbetween covering the rest of the cake.
- Finish off with placing ribbon around the cake and a pretty bow.
And there you have it!
You can decorate it however you like. Timtams are Stevens favourite, strawberries have Haalia’s heart and me and malteasers are my weakness hehe so there is us on a cake 😊